Hep C Discussion Forum

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Looks like I have bigger problems than Hep C


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3249
Date:
Looks like I have bigger problems than Hep C
Permalink  
 


OK. So, major upheaval to the plan. Re-group. Wendy is right, take some time to digest it all in, and then start making your list of questions for the doc.

It's good he has layed out some treatment thoughts for Plan A. Plan A is what you will be forced to deal with before you can back to plan B (your hepc treatment), at least I think so, and it seems, that is what they tend to do, treat cancer first then institute the hep c treatment next.

I think, in quite short order, you are going to have an large list of questions for your doc, when you start getting close to a large list, full of burning questions, make another appointment, expressly to go in talk to the doc about them.

Observer had a major post-treatment blip too, and she also had microwave ablation done, it worked well, she has done very well, and feels better for it. These differing ca  treatments they have come up with nowadays DO work, RC has had his fair share of trouble (very unfair shares of troubles), especially with visualizations due to his particular liver conditions, interfering with targeting multiple treatment locations. Your conditions sound simpler. And I am very pleased to hear the rest of your liver looks good, that bodes well.

I am hoping this will be an easy (as if any of this is easy!) thing to take care of, that this ca treatment will be straightforward, and quick, and you get back on track to plan B with little delay.

I would not be suprized though if you may well have to have some more imaging done, for more assessment (another CAT, or perhaps an MRI or even a Pet), to prep for their decision on "how" they want to treat the ca. On my list of questions for the doc, that would be at the top, I would ask what are the next assessments to be done, are some more bouts of imagings (such as an MRI, or further CATs coming). Is you doc, conferring with other docs, about what course of treatment they will suggest is best. If it was me, I would welcome more imaging to see if it guides the best treatment decisions.

As scary as all this is (when they land in your lap a diagnosis of probable liver ca), I am confident they will sort it, and not cause much delay to your hepc treatment. That is what I am hoping for and will expect. You have no choice but to stop and deal with this part, and then pick up and carry on right where you left off, on the the hepc treatment after. If there is any silver lining to any of this, with this setback, and the time it takes to sort it, you may well come out the other side and not have to do riba again (your planned harv/riba), as soon, epclusa/vox will be on the market, perhaps as soon as July?

I know your recent U/S showed something, which prompted this further CAT, but prior to these 2 recent tests what other imagings have to you had done in recent times/years?

I know you must be feeling all sorts of stuff right now. You know we are all here for you, please unload on us, we want to be able to help in any way we can.  Hug, C.

 

 



-- Edited by Canuck on Saturday 17th of June 2017 02:26:37 AM

__________________

HCV/HBV 1973. HBV resolved. HCV undiagnosed to 2015. 64 y.o. F. Canada.

GT3a, Fibroscan F3/12 kPa - F4/12.6 kPa, VL log 7.01 (10,182,417), steatosis, high iron load.

SOF/VEL with/without GS-9857 trial - NCT02639338.

SOT March 10 - EOT May 5, 2016 - SOF/VEL/VOX 8 week trial.

 

(SEE UPDATES IN BIO)



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 913
Date:
Permalink  
 

Hi Kathy, im sorry to hear about your news.  The type cancer you have is in and or on the Bile Ducts, its not the one you want to have. Its aggressive.  The most important thing to know now is how big is it. Is it close to valuable realestate??  How close to the veines?   It all really matters so they can put a plan together.   Get some answers and get back to us please.      F.Y.I.  I have the same cancer along with mixed  hcc and cc.  Both were in the same biopsy   And some of them were just hcc with out cc.  Anyway, how big is it and how close to major veins.    I will be checking in on you so please keep us informed.  With out knowing anything about size and location i would hope the go for microwave ablation. If the rest of your liver is good, and no  cirrhosis they may look at a resection of the bad lobe.   RC



__________________

 M-61(3 Treatments)( SOF-RIBA 2014)(SOF-RIBA-PEG 2016)(HCC 2016) (LIVER TRANSPLANT 8-2017)(VOSEVI-RIBA 2017)   SVR-12. 3-13-18 https://aasldpubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/hep4.1280   



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 224
Date:
Permalink  
 

kozanne wrote:

Dr. told me today.  Cancer, right lobe.  Rest of the liver looks actually very good and my bloodwork looks good.  cholangiocarcinoma as opposed to hepatocellular.

Talked to me about interventional radiology/targeted radiation or targeted chemo.

no


 Sorry to hear you got another issue piled on, I can totally relate. As for the silver lining, it's a positive thing to find out now, rather than later.

As someone said, trust your medical team, while we stand by for moral support. 



__________________

Lamont Cranston "Only the Shadow knows."

67 years old, retired IT Network support 31 years continuous sobriety in AA, ,DX'd in '99 with MS, DX'd with HCV 2, 2b , F0-F1 3/17/2017 VL 5.7m Starting EPCLUSA 7/28/17

No Virus Detected on November 20, 2017 3 months after EOT



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1839
Date:
Permalink  
 

Greetings,

Your family here understands. I for one am very grateful we live in a time where these things can be detected and that there are great plans of attack to deal with it.

This is a tough one and we will be here for you.

I have a God who listens, and He has already heard from me of you. wink

JimmyK



__________________

Harvoni TX 2 12 weeks. UND weeks 4, 12 and now EOT + 4 Weeks. SVR-12 09/29/16. All Glory, Honor and Thanks be to God.

"I go to war with the brothers I trust."



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1031
Date:
Permalink  
 

Sorry to hear this Kathy but glad you shared with us. Take time to digest the news and start a list of questions for your medical team. Keeping you in my prayers!



__________________

Wendy 53 y/o, DX 1994, geno 1A F1

1999 TX 1 - Inter -non responder 2001 TX 2 - Peg + Riba - viral load tripled and taken off

T3:  Harvoni 12 weeks Sept. 19, 2015 ALT 41 AST 30 VL 541800 UND at EOT and SVR 24 ALT 18 AST 26 platelets 223

 

Tig


Admin

Status: Offline
Posts: 9106
Date:
Permalink  
 

Hi Kathy,

I'm sorry to hear that kind of news. How did this diagnosis come about? You didn't mention any new tests coming up, so this is a shocker. How was this located? If I may ask, have they told you how extensive it is in that lobe? Any mention of surgery? Sorry about all the questions! Our moderator, RC is dealing with HCC and has had multiple ablations, microwave and chemical. He was just placed on the transplant list. He just left some updates on the HCC Treatment Train thread. 

Make sure you stay involved in your case! You let the doc know you want to be part of the team. Are they going forward with your Harvoni/Ribavirin treatment? That needs to be dealt with too. You'll get through this, it's just taking a bit longer. Attitude is important and so is communication. Please stay in touch, let us travel this new path with you. We'll get you there! 



__________________

Tig

64 yo GT1A - 5 Mil - A2/F3 - (1996) Intron A - Non Responder, (2013) Peg/Riba/Vic SOT:05/23/13 EOT:12/04/13 SVR 6+ years!

Hep C FAQ   Lab Ref. Ranges  HCV Resistance

Signature Line Set Up/Abbreviations   Payment Assistance

 



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Date:
Permalink  
 

Dr. told me today.  Cancer, right lobe.  Rest of the liver looks actually very good and my bloodwork looks good.  cholangiocarcinoma as opposed to hepatocellular.

Talked to me about interventional radiology/targeted radiation or targeted chemo.

no



__________________

9/2004:  Viral count 5.8M, biopsied F-2 // peg-intron/ribavirin 2005, did not clear.

3/2017:  Viral count 3.3M // Fibroscan 4/18/17, TBD

planned protocol Harvoni/Ribavirin

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Legal Disclaimer:

THIS FORUM, IT'S OWNERS, ADMINISTRATORS, MODERATORS AND MEMBERS DO NOT AT ANY TIME GIVE MEDICAL ADVICE AND IN ALL CASES REFER ANYONE HERE TO SEEK APPROPRIATE MEDICAL ADVICE FROM THEIR DOCTOR.